Pages

Sunday, 1 July 2012

Matt takes on Kingdom Hearts!


2012 marks the 10th anniversary of one of my favourite video game series, Kingdom Hearts. 2012 has been a a busy year: The Queen celebrated her Diamond Jubilee, I finished high school, London will host the Olympics in a few weeks, and the ghastly Twilight Saga will finally come to a close. But none of these come even close in magnitude to Kingdom Hearts. Its revolutionary and exciting gameplay - in addition to it's deep plots and colourful cast of characters and worlds - has made it a staple part of my gaming diet since the first game came out in November 2002.


With the latest entry in the series, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, a mere three weeks away from being released, I've decided to dedicate July to celebrating this amazing series. Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be looking at each of the games (which I've all played recently in preparation for these reviews), taking a look at some of the elements that make the series great and I'll be taking a look at Dream Drop Distance when it's released as well. If all goes according to plan (which it almost certainly wont), my impressions post could be my first blog video. Fun.

In the next couple of days I'll be taking a look back on where the series first began with a sort-of review of the first Kingdom Hearts. The style will be a little different from my previous reviews and they will deal more with my experiences with the game than me making active recommendations - which would be a little redundant at this point. In any case, it should be a lot of fun!

Yes, that is a strategy guide. Don't judge me, it came with the bundle.

No comments:

Post a Comment